Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thinking of you, Grandpa.........

...........Mary Coyle's Ice Cream Parlor.

This place holds some great childhood memories for me. Specifically of my Grandpa Doyle.
He liked to take his grandkids here because it was one of his favorites.
He had such a big personality. Always the life of the party. You always knew when he was around. And I always felt special just being around him.
He passed away about 12 years ago & I miss him dearly.

I haven't been to Mary Coyle's since I was a kid, and last Saturday as we were passing through Phoenix on our way home from Marlee's volleyball tournament, we decided to look it up & stop by.

It's a classic old-fashioned ice cream parlor (opened in 1951), which are hard to find these days.
Pink striped wallpaper & everything!

And it was just as yummy as I remember it.

the Caramel Cashew sundae
Oh, the nostalgia!

I'm thinking FHE at Mary Coyle's next Monday..........

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my word! I went there so many times as a kid and still do! My kids love it too! We will make any excuse to go there.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love your blog! I read it but don't think I have ever commented. Love your pictures and your cute fun family. And....I love Mary Coyle's too. We took the kids there last summer and I think it will be a yearly summer treat! I think it's a wonderful FHE idea♥ (I found your blog through Shawni)

sweetpea said...

just found your blog through Shawni's... beautiful family and photos! I thought my 4 was hard... you are a saint!!! Have to ask about grandfather Doyle...we are Doyles as well and had family out west!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...