Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful


Our 2009 Thankful Tree.


I think we covered the basics pretty well. With a few random....... or creative ones.........like pillows, pajamas, beds (I'm detecting a trend here) , diversity, rain forests, and pumpkin cookies.

I thought I'd make a list of random, though no less worthy of gratitude, things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving............
I'm thankful for chapstick. I'm thankful for Tivo. I'm thankful for Christmas cards. I'm thankful for Adam's Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple cheesecake. I'm thankful for Spanx. I'm thankful for earplugs. I'm thankful for Pull-Ups. I'm thankful that Diet Coke is not specifically mentioned in the Word of Wisdom. I'm thankful for iTunes. I'm thankful that soccer is over. I'm thankful for Visiting Teachers who drop off treats. I'm thankful for Steve Nash. I'm thankful for flip-flops. I'm thankful that none of my kids are into cheerleading. I'm thankful for free food samples at Costco when I'm shopping at lunchtime. I'm thankful for cheesecrisps. I'm thankful for low-rise jeans. I'm thankful for elementary school band teachers (bless their hearts). I'm thankful for shutters. I'm thankful for Photoshop. I'm thankful for 5-dollar Little Caesar's pizzas. I'm thankful for temple work. I'm thankful for cinnamon. I'm thankful for neighbors who don't report me to CPS when they find my 3-year-old running naked in the street. I'm thankful for Stephenie Meyer. I'm thankful for laser hair removal. I'm thankful for pistachio gelato. I'm thankful for people who actually read my blog. I'm thankful for Weezer. I'm thankful for Playmobil. I'm thankful that a new Bachelor starts next month. I'm thankful for in-house babysitting. I'm thankful for non-LED Christmas lights. I'm thankful for the gazillion kids in our neighborhood. I'm thankful for XM radio. I'm thankful for love notes from my kids. And right now, I'm very thankful for online shopping.

So much to be thankful for.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

DITTO!! I was nodding in agreement to all the things you're grateful for. It was so good to see you last week! Miss you!

Leigh said...

And I am thankful for Nicole's posts, even though they are few and far between these days:) Finally, a post! Tag keeps bugging me everyday, "Mom, has Sister Mason posted yet?"

Rebecca said...

My favorite Thanksgiving blog post! It's the little things, isn't it? Your boys are so fun! Aside from the fact that everyone keeps thinking that Zane is a girl and that he is one of Saydie's little friends...(seriously, give the child a haircut!) We are having a blast and it's nice having a little more testosterone around here. Gus is the quietest, sweetest, cutest little guy - he just lets Addie boss him all over the place. Don't hurry home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...