Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pinewood Derby 2009

It was the Pink Panther this year. Brian's going to love that I posted this one, but he really should know better not to do poses like this, because of course I'm going to post it.




Oh, the highs (above) .........and lows (below)......... of the Pinewood Derby.







We have the best Cub Scoutmaster in the world!
He magnifies his calling like none other.



Gus trying to race 'Gus's car' every two seconds.




The final race for the Flat Tire award (the slowest car).
This award was made up to help the slowest racer not feel so bad, but it's ended up being the most coveted award. Alot of the boys now try to have the slowest car.
And maybe the fact that the winner takes home the Flat Tire Cake may have something to do with it, I don't know.......


They were all winners that night.

Especially this one.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Looks like you had a great time at the derby. Seeing that name "Max Mason" on his certificate does my heart good. If he grows up to be like his namesake -- you'll be mighty proud. Good job Max!

Michelle said...

HA! Bryton's car came in last every year...until the last year. Rick figured out the secret to make the car go fast. I'll have to email the secret to you... :)

Luke and Hailie Girl said...

So nice that you stopped by my blog! Oh, and I was serious about the lemons! Just email me letting me know if you would like for us to take some off your hands..I buy them every week..We aren't weird or psycho or anything..my husband is a police officer for the Town of Gilbert..
(maybe that made me sound strange now though saying we weren't weird and my husband was a police officer.. like that automatically makes us trustworthy..right) oh well! Have a great day! Oh and tell Max that the Pink Panther car was genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...