Sunday, January 11, 2009

Select and Neglect

I've decided on this new year's motto...........

Select what you're going to neglect,
so you don't neglect what you select.

Simplify, Simplify, Simplify!

There's way too much useless, floofy, extra, busybody, overboard, totally unnecessary, distracting, time-sucking, needless stuff that needs to be cut out!

Like, say NO to Playdough. Who needs it?

Then, maybe I will find the time to do more important things (like more blogging, bike riding & more chocolate chip cookie dough eating).

So, here's a list of some things I'm cutting out of my life..........

Chuck E. Cheese's

Mountainside Gym

my kids - part of the time


.........although this kind of stuff happens.
A little neglect never hurt anybody, in fact, I believe it just helps my kids be more independent & resourceful. I mean, this 2-year-old can make himself his own bowl of CocoPuffs in the morning! They have to learn how to do stuff on their own. It's a good thing!

American Idol

changing sheets after every bedwetting........like a 5-year-old really gives a rip, and you save water.

big, clever, cutesy birthday parties .......(SO done with those!)

anything organic

pushing my kids on the swings........learn to pump already!!

my entire upstairs

pet care

fashion........too old. not enough money. who cares. who am I trying to impress anyway...

making breakfast

tee-ball

The key is to neglect as much stuff as you can, so there's not much left to select. See how that works?

I'm feeling good about 2009 already!

5 comments:

Joy said...

NOOOOOOOOO! You can't cut out the gym....everything else, fine, the gym, no. Geesh, after all that, what do you have left? Oh yeah, blogging and cookie dough eating. Right on. And you left out scouts. Who needs that?

Jim said...

I am so with you! Do you need your motto in vinyl? I can help you there... hopefully not much longer though! That's what I select to neglect! :o)

Michelle said...

I love it! You are inspiring me!! I'm totally cutting back this year.

Dickey said...

Thanks for sharing your thought and pics...I love reading your blog!

Rebecca said...

My favorite blog post. Chrissy, I want it in vinyl too...when my kids walk in to ask me for something, I will just point. Select, it's a go, Neglect it's a no. Sleepover, neglect. Homework, select. I like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...