Saturday, June 21, 2008

CHILLAX!!!




This is our motto for the summer of 2008.

Zane came up with this word. He accidentally combined 'chill' and 'relax'. I love it!

So that's what we're doing this summer - chillaxing.

I didn't want a million things going on, constantly running kids to this lesson, that class, games, meets, etc., etc. I think it's important for kids to have some unscheduled down-time, to actually be bored and have to figure out on their own something to do (that's NOT playing video games!).

So, no swim team, no classes ( well, OK, Max is taking a creative writing class for a few weeks, & Marlee did a Musical Theater thing for two weeks, & Jake is going to Basketball camp next week), but THAT'S IT! That's pretty good for us!

So we're logging alot of swim-time and working on our tans for Hawaii. After the 4th of July in Coronado, we're all heading to Kauai for the rest of July!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! And I can hardly sleep at night thinking of all the incredible pictures I'm going to take there!

It's definitely a good life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...